Bear one another’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2, NRSV)
Are you struggling with something in your life? Do you know someone who is hurting, or grieving or just having challenges with stress in their lives? If so, then perhaps a Stephen Minister would be of value to you, a loved one or a friend and neighbor.
What is Stephen Ministry?
Stephen Ministry is one-to-one lay caring ministry. Stephen Ministers provide high-quality, confidential, Christ-centered care to people who are hurting, going through a crisis, grieving or just having challenges coping with life’s daily stress.
Hear Care Receivers tell their stories: https://www.stephenministries.org/stephenministry/default.cfm/1597
How to connect or request a Stephen Minister:
Contact St. Helena Church 610-275-7711
Deacon Ken Belanger at 610-279-8042 (email@example.com)
Michele Gerstemeier at 610-584-0862 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
John Schieve at 610-662-2209 (email@example.com)
- Graduated 12 Stephen Ministers in October 2014 after 50 hours of training
- Built relationships with over eight Care Receivers
- Continue our training and education on a monthly basis
- Host Peer Group meetings every other week to discuss process techniques
St. Helena Stephen Ministry is devoted to providing the highest quality, confidential lay care to parishioners and non-parishioners who need someone to walk their challenging journey.
Global Stephen Ministry by the numbers:
- Stephen Ministry began in 1975.
- Is now in more than 12,000 congregations from more than 170 Christian denominations, in all 50 states, 10 Canadian provinces, and 28 other countries.
- More than 75,000 pastors, church staff, and laypeople have trained as Stephen Leaders (those who oversee and direct Stephen Ministry in the congregation) at a Leader’s Training Course.
- More than 1,000,000 people have trained as Stephen Ministers (laypeople who provide care to those who are hurting) in their congregations.
- More than one-and-a-half million people have received care from a Stephen Minister in a formal one-to-one Stephen Ministry caring relationship, and millions more have been touched by Stephen Ministry in many ways.
Leaders and Facilitators:
|Deacon Ken Belanger|
|John N. Schieve|
|Ann M. Keane||Elizabeth V. Wilson||John Janick|
|James McLaughlin||Janet DeSante||Karen L. Kelly|
|Kathleen Sheehan||Mary Agnes Klenk||William L. McKernan III|
May God, through the intercessions of St. Helena and St. Stephen, bless us all.