Instructions for Obtaining Required Background Checks and Archdiocesan Trainings for Volunteers
1. PA State Police Criminal Record Check
May be obtained online at epatch.state.pa.us. You will receive results online within a few minutes and can print out your record check.
2. PA Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance
May be obtained online at compass.state.pa.us/CWIS. Results will be emailed to you within 14 days.
- Visit compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- Create a new account and set your new “Keystone ID” password.
- After you log in with your new account information, select “Access My Clearances”
- Continue through the disclosure page and onto the next page where you can “Create Clearance Application”
- Fill out the application
- Submit it and pay the $8 fee
3. Federal Criminal Background Check
Go to https://uenroll.identogo.com/ to schedule an appointment for the background check.
- For all current and/or prospective school employees/volunteers click here for additional information.
- For all current and/or prospective parish and other staff/volunteers please click here for additional information.
*If you have lived in Pa continuously for 10 years, you may complete the PA Residency Disclosure Statement instead.
All required clearances, including FBI, must be renewed every 5 years (60 months).
Philadelphia Archdiocesan Training Requirements
1. Attendance at “Protecting God’s Children, Awareness Session for Adults”
Go to Virtus.org or http://childyouthprotection.org/index.php/staff-volunteers/required-training to register for a session. Once you attend please drop off a copy of “Ministerial Behavior and Boundaries” to the Rectory Office.
2. Information & Communication Technology Addendum
If you attended a “Protecting God’s Children” class prior to July, 2011 you must complete the Information and Communication Technology Addendum. This is a one-time requirement. This training is now available on-line through the OCYP website at childyouthprotection.org under “Training Institute”. When completed, the certification form must be signed and handed in to the Parish Office.
3. Mandated Reporter Training
You can register for Mandated Reporter training using the following link: http://childyouthprotection.org/index.php/staff-volunteers/required-training. Once you complete the on-line quiz, you will receive a confirmation via email from the Archdiocese. Please print out the document entitled “Certificate of Completion” and bring a copy to the Parish Office.
Read the Promise to Protect brochure, sign the Acknowledgement form and bring the form into the Parish Office.