Obtain the following Background Checks…
1. PA State Police Criminal Record Check
Obtain online at epatch.state.pa.us. You’ll receive results online within a few minutes and can print out your record check.
2. PA Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance
Obtain online at compass.state.pa.us/CWIS. Results will be emailed to you within 14 days.
- Visit compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- Create a new account and set your new “Keystone ID” password.
- After you log in with your new account information, select “Access My Clearances”
- Continue through the disclosure page and onto the next page where you can “Create Clearance Application”
- Fill out the application
- Submit it and pay the $8 fee
3. Federal Criminal Background Check*
Go to https://uenroll.identogo.com/ to schedule an appointment for the background check.
*If you have lived in PA for 10 consecutive years: you may complete the PA Residency Disclosure Statement in lieu of obtaining the Criminal Background check.
All (3) of these clearances must be renewed every 5 years.
Obtain the following Archdiocesan Clearances…
1. Attendance at “Protecting God’s Children, Awareness Session for Adults”
Go to Virtus.org or http://childyouthprotection.org/index.php/staff-volunteers/required-training to register for a session. Once you attend please drop off a copy of “Ministerial Behavior and Boundaries” to the Rectory Office.
2. Information & Communication Technology Addendum
If you attended a “Protecting God’s Children” class prior to July, 2011 you must complete the Information and Communication Technology Addendum. This is a one-time requirement. This training is now available online through the OCYP website at childyouthprotection.org under “Training Institute”. When completed, the certification form must be signed and handed in to the Parish Office.
3. Mandated Reporter Training
Register for the Mandated Reporter training using the following link: http://childyouthprotection.org/index.php/staff-volunteers/required-training. Once you complete the assessment at the end, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from the Archdiocese. Print out the “Certificate of Completion” and bring a copy to the Parish Office.
Download the link above (↑), read the Promise to Protect brochure, and sign the Acknowledgement form